The cost of lip filler treatments depends on varying factors, such as the clinic’s location. Lip filler injections are not exceptional. This article explains lip fillers and the determinants of the cost of lip fillers.
The Food Standard Agency (FSA) has approved lip fillers as a safe and effective way to define lip shape and volume. Therefore, over 13 million people annually seek to improve their lip’s appearance by trying minimal invasive lip filler injections. The treatment is costly but provides an immediate result that feels and looks natural. The cost of lip filler injections depends on several factors, such as the geographical area of the aesthetic clinic, the cosmetic doctor performing the injections, and the amount of filler used.
What are Lip Fillers?
According to Luthra (2015), lip fillers are non-invasive productsthat increase lip volume without a surgical procedure. Filler constituents are injected into lip tissues to restore the lost lip plumpness. Patients go for lip fillers to counteract the aging signs like wrinkles around the mouth, thin lips, and irregular symmetrical lips. The lips’ shape and fullness change with age. As you age, the body gradually reduces the production of skin fats and proteins such as collagen, hyaluronic acid, and elastin responsible for maintainingskin volume. Fortunately, lip fillers contain natural hyaluronic acid or biodegradable substances that stimulate collagen and elastin production.
Lip filling provides quick results that last 3 to 12 months, depending on the filler type, the filling concentration, the professionality of the cosmetic doctor, and the patient’s metabolic rate.
What Determines the Cost of Lip Fillers?
Like most treatments, several factors can influence the overall cost of lip filler procedures. According to De Maio (2021), most lip filler treatments cost depend on the following factors:
- The amount of filler injected
- The type of lip filler
- The geographical location of the clinic
- Facility cost
The Amount of Filler Injected
The quantity and concentration of filler materials used are the main determinants of the final cost of a cosmetic treatment session. When enhancing lip volume, most patients can achieve a satisfactory outcome with one to two syringe injections. However, it is crucial to note that the more filler you use, the more susceptible your lips are to infections, blood vessel occlusion, and filler migration to unwanted areas.
The Type of Lip Fillers
Rowland-Warmann et al. (2020) explained that natural and biodegradable materials have been tested for lip voluminous and have shown varying degrees of success. Each filler type contains various materials that are extracted differently. Therefore, the kind of lip filler material can have a huge impact on the cost of cosmetictreatment. The following are five common types of lip fillers and their estimated market price;
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural substance present in the body. It is characterized by strong water-binding power. HA fillers are popular for plump lips that feel natural and have a proven track record of efficacy and safety.
- Collagen is among the oldest injectable fillers in the UK market. It is a skin protein manufactured by body glands to maintain skin plumpness and firmness. However, its production massively reduces with time due to age, ailments, and environmental factors. Collagen fillers are popular for replacingthe lost skin proteins in your lips.
- Poly-l-lactic acid is a biodegradable and biocompatible component injected into lip tissues to temporarily stimulate the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid for a few months.The aesthetic treatment using this filler is a bit affordable.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite is a natural component existing in human bones and joints. It is extracted and then injected into lip tissue to boost the natural production of collagen in uplifting lip volume.
- Fat grafting is a permanent lip-filling treatment that produces a realistic natural look. It involves transferring your body fat from fatty areas like the buttocks to plump your lips. However, this cosmetic procedure is more invasive and expensive.
The Geographical Location of the Clinic
Clinics in cities provide expensive cosmetic treatments like lip filling compared to local health centres. These clinics are flooded with patients who seek lip augmentation; thus, the high demand leads to an increase in the cost. However, they are worth the price since city clinics are characterized by highly skilled cosmetic practitioners and quality lip filler materials.
According to Blanchard et al. (2019), cosmetic health centres have different consultation fees, medication prices, and lab fees depending on the professionalism of their cosmetic doctors and government sponsorship. Therefore lip filling may be cheaper in some clinics but triple the price in other health sectors. For instance, clinics with highly skilled cosmetic doctors provide filler treatments of good quality but are highly-priced. On the other hand, public clinics sponsored by the government or religious institutions are cheaper in offering cosmetic procedures. However, private clinics might be expensive to providethe same service, but mostly they contain highly qualified cosmetic practitioners.
Frequent-Asked Questions (FAQs) about Lip Fillers
How Long Do Lip Fillers Last?
The longevity of lip filler injections depends on various issues, including the patient’s lifestyle and body metabolism, the type and concentration of lip filler injected, and the qualification of a cosmetic doctor. Normally, lip fillers might last between 3 and 12 months.
What Is the Difference Between Botox and Fillers For Lip Augmentation?
Botulinum toxin injections and filler treatments are non-invasive cosmetic beauty procedures used to plump lips. Botox is a brand name that involves injecting botulinum toxin in lip tissues to relax the muscles and provide full pout lips. In contrast, fillers are injected to introduce hyaluronic acid or promote natural collagen production in restoring youthful lip volume.
Lip fillers’ popularity is based on their power to plump lips naturally with minimal or no complications or side effects. However, lip filler injections are a bit expensive, depending on the amount injected, type of filler, facility cost, and geographical location of the clinic. Nonetheless, lip augmentation using fillers is worth the price because they are safe when performed by qualified aesthetic practitioners and provide an immediate result that feels and looks natural.
Luthra, A. (2015). Shaping lips with fillers. Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery, 8(3), 139.
De Maio, M. (2021). MD Codes™: a methodological approach to facial aesthetic treatment with injectable hyaluronic acid fillers. Aesthetic plastic surgery, 45(2), 690-709.
Blanchard, J., Palmer, J., Ali, E., & Cheng, L. (2019). Complications of self-injected facial fillers: a treatment conundrum in the UK. Case Reports in surgery, 2019\
Rowland-Warmann, M. J. (2020). Dermal Fillers: Lack of Regulation Poses a Real Threat to Patient Safety. Expert Witness Journal, 1, 61-66.
- Re7laa: A Travel Platform Which Helps You Unwind Above the Cloud - March 16, 2023
- Why Can’t You Exercise After Lip Fillers? - February 21, 2023
- What to Do After Getting Lip Fillers - February 21, 2023