Our business is a family-based business establishing in 2001. We are originally sandalwood essential oil producers. The high quality of the sandalwood austrocaledonicum essential oil is indeed world renowned and used by perfume giants in Europe. We stumbled into the world of essential oils over 20 years ago. After taking over a small distillation facility, we were able to instal two more units, which we completely restored and where we enhanced working conditions. By establishing a predetermined quota for tree cutting and reforestation, the government also asked for the preservation of natural resources.
Since arriving in Australia in 2015, we decided to launch our exclusive range of sandalwood cosmetics here, while continuing working closely with our essential oil producers overseas. From odours to scents, from flower to tree, from contacts to experiences and readings, we became interested in all essential oils. We have then introduced our brand with a large range of essential oils and also granted our ACO organic certification. We are very proud today to offer them online at https://pacificscents.com.au/
Thanks to our long-term partners, we are sure of our supplying chains to our customers. We are sensitive to a sustainable management of natural resources and take particular attention to fragile environments and local communities
On our blog, you can also get advice, recommendation, or recipes on a variety of topics such as beauty, health, anxiety and many more, to improve your overall wellbeing by using essential oils. https://pacificscents.com.au/blog/
Pacific Scents is a boutique business ensuring we maintain our exclusive range as we believe each person is unique!
PACIFIC SCENTS RANGE
We have a range of more than 100 essential oils (half of which are organic) and some organic carrier oils. They are coming from trusted suppliers all over the world backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. As all are pure, oils are edible as their extraction is natural without any additives (cold pressure or steam distillation). As a result, we offer a wide variety of 100% pure Essential Oils with high quality, unadulterated, alcohol and preservative free. Chromatography analysis is available for each oil if needed.
We have chosen box free products as we are an environmentally friendly company.
In addition, we have implanted a variety of French organic and affordable cosmetic and make up products, also available online https://pacificscents.com.au/product-category/cosmetics/ .
CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
The essential oil market is expanding
The essential oils market represents several billion dollars and is growing each year.
The demand for essential oils evolves year after year for several reasons:
– A growing demand from health-conscious consumers for natural and organic products, so that essential oils are now becoming a “trendy” product.
– The stable and continuous use in perfumery and cosmetics
– The fact that some essential oils are still attractively priced.
– Low barriers to entry: the production of essential oils does not require significant capital investment or specialized equipment, which means that it is relatively easy for new companies to enter the market
– Wide availability: Essential oils are widely available and can be produced in many different countries, which increases competition and makes it difficult for any one company to dominate the market
– Similar products: Many essential oils are similar in terms of their chemical composition and the health benefits they offer, which makes it difficult for companies to differentiate their products and gain a competitive advantage
There has been a noticeable increase in the use of oils as a natural way to deal with anxiety as more people are becoming aware of the benefits of essential oils on mental health. Due to the evolution of lifestyles, aromatherapy is becoming more and more popular, especially among urban populations. Additionally, aromatherapy offers a way to prevent and treat a variety of everyday ailments, such as headaches, nausea, stress, joint pain, or even insect bites.
The world’s leading essential oil by tonnage is orange essential oil (about 50,000 tonnes, mainly from Brazil and Florida). This is followed by mint (Mentha arvensis), then eucalyptus (4,000 tonnes) and peppermint essential oils. World production of essential oils was recently estimated at over 110,000 tonnes!
But the market is facing challenges
Given this success, the market for essential oils is very competitive. Consequently, the market for essential oils is facing a variety of challenges
-Quality control: ensuring the quality and purity of essential oils can be a challenge, as there are no standardized regulations for the production and labelling of these products. This can lead to the sale of adulterated or mislabelled essential oils, which can be harmful to consumers and damage the reputation of the industry as a whole.
-Sustainability: Some essential oils are derived from plants that are endangered or at risk of being over-harvested, which can have negative impacts on the environment and local communities. Ensuring the sustainable production of essential oils is an important concern for the industry.
-Market saturation: The increasing popularity of essential oils has led to a large number of companies entering the market, which has resulted in a high level of competition. This can make it difficult for companies to differentiate their products and gain market share.
-Limited regulation: The lack of standardized regulations for the production and labelling of essential oils can make it difficult for consumers to make informed purchasing decisions and can also create challenges for companies that are attempting to produce high-quality products.
Pacific scents challenge and opportunity
Pacific Scents need to take its place in the essential oils market. Australian players have already been in the market for many years, and it is difficult to get a foothold.
Australia continues to lag behind Europe, Asia or the United States in essential oil imports and exports. It is not in the top 10 of international trade in either imports or exports (which represent 75% of total imports/exports). For example, trade value of essential oil imports to Australia in 2019 is around US$90M while the US (#1) has a value of US$850M and Singapore (#10) for US$130M. The essential oil market is therefore at the beginning of its expansion, which leaves Pacific Scents the opportunity to develop and make its place in the market.
Pacific scents’ advice about business
Starting a business, mainly in the aromatherapy industry, requires a good understanding of the market and a strong passion for essential oils and their potential health benefits. Here are a few pieces of advice for others who are considering starting a business in aromatherapy:
1. Research the market: Thoroughly research the aromatherapy market to understand the current trends, competitors, and potential customers. This will help you to identify opportunities and develop a targeted marketing strategy.
2. Understand the science behind essential oils: It is important to have a strong understanding of the chemistry and therapeutic properties of essential oils in order to effectively market your products and address customer questions and concerns. Consider seeking out training or education in aromatherapy to gain a deeper understanding of the field.
3. Develop a unique selling proposition: The aromatherapy market is highly competitive, and it is important to differentiate your products and services in order to stand out. Consider what makes your business unique and how you can communicate this to potential customers.
4. Pay attention to branding and packaging: The packaging and branding of your products can play a significant role in attracting and retaining customers. Make sure to put thought into the design and packaging of your products to create a cohesive and professional image.
5. Build relationships with suppliers: Developing strong relationships with suppliers of essential oils and other raw materials can be beneficial for your business. Look for suppliers who offer high-quality products and are willing to work with you to meet your needs.
6. Focus on customer satisfaction: Providing excellent customer service and ensuring that your customers are satisfied with your products is key to building a successful business in the aromatherapy industry. Make sure to address customer concerns and inquiries promptly and consider offering a satisfaction guarantee or return policy.
- Re7laa: A Travel Platform Which Helps You Unwind Above the Cloud - March 16, 2023
- Why Can’t You Exercise After Lip Fillers? - February 21, 2023
- What to Do After Getting Lip Fillers - February 21, 2023